MON - FRI: 09:00 - 17:30 PM
Planning Approval was sought to convert a Grade II Listed Wesleyan Chapel into a single dwelling with a further application to convert the Grade II Listed School House into a further dwelling on the site. The Wesleyan Chapel was built in 1839 and The Schoolhouse in 1855 both in a red brick under a slate roof. The properties were Listed due to their architectural interest with careful attention to detailing. The conversion maintained as many of the original features as possible including the mezzanine floor, galleries, pulpit, staircases, waines-coting and ceiling mouldings along with other significant details. The final feedback from the client has been excellent with the development creating two highly desirable properties which do not detract from the character of the building and make good use of a Listed Building that would otherwise have fallen into dis-repair following the chapel became vacant.
© 2021 Ryland Design | Company Number 05160536 | Developed by Coldstar Systems